Arrr me hearties! Maru Koala and Animal Park is again hosting the annual Grantville Pirate Festival Saturday 22 April. The award-winning animal park hosts a huge day celebrating all things pirate.
The dress up competitions are for all ages, so come dressed in theme and you could win a prize! Heaps of activities on the day will include pirate treasure hunts, a huge tug of war, fishing for gold, bobbing for squid, face painting, jumping castles and more. Want to make someone “Walk the Plank”? A wellplaced shot on the dunking game, hitting a bullseye could send those land lubbers into the drink. For those pirates who think they might have a mighty throw, perhaps you could win the Wooden Leg Throwing Contest.
Professional photographers will be on hand, you can have your photo taken on the Princess Caribbean Pirate Ship with a real live python snake! Your entry fee will also give you access to the animal park so you can meet, pat and hand feed the koalas, kangaroos and other animals and see all of the attractions including mini golf.
All of the following is Pirates In Grantville included with your ticket entry:
• Unlimited games of Pirate Pete’s 18 hole mini-golf
• Entry into the animal park
• Jumping castle, giant inflatable slide, face painting
• Fishin’ for Gold, Tug of War, Bobbin’ for Squid
• Enter the ‘Best Dressed Pirate’ and ‘Wench’ competitions
• Treasure Hunt Map to collect free ‘gold bullion’ chocolate coins